Before you leave:
- Book your flights to and from Georgetown, Guyana
- Bring your laptop, power supply, and download or pack any materials you may need
Arrival in Guyana:
The team will gather in Georgetown on a Saturday. On arrival at the airport, meet a Dd team member and transfer to Lethem flight and continue to Sholinab.
The team will spend the next six days around Sholinab in the South Rupununi savannah. These six days will be spent with indigenous leaders understanding the local challenges, proposing solutions, and charting a course for follow up work through future hackathons and code sprints. It won’t be work all the time: expect to explore with our partners and learn more about the land and culture they’re fighting to protect.
Departure from Guyana:
The team will depart for Georgetown and leave Guyana on the following Saturday.
$1000 participation fee includes:
- Shared accommodations in the Rupununi (Saturday - Saturday)
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner in the Rupununi
- Transportation within Guyana, including a roundtrip flight to Lethem
- Airfare to Georgetown ($500-$1200 from the US)
- Refreshments, tips, bottled drinks, and bar tabs
- Personal insurance policy
- Other personal expenses